The Odyssey7Q combines Convergent Design’s knowledge and experience of both broadcast and cinematography recorders, while adding the capabilities of a high-end professional monitor. Odyssey7Q is a brilliant 7.7″ OLED monitor with 3400:1 contrast, true blacks, 1280×800 resolution and comprehensive monitoring tools. It’s also an amazing, versatile portable recorder, enabling you to record 4K RAW, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Canon RAW, Sony FS700 RAW, ARRI Raw, Multi-Stream and more…
Cameras covered by Odyssey RAW Bundle include the ARRI ALEXA, Canon C500 and C300 MK2, Sony FS7 and FS700, IO Industries Flare 2KSDI, Indiecam indieGS2K, and upcoming support for the AJA CION and IO Industries Flare 4KSDI. As new RAW cameras are supported by the Odyssey monitor/recorders, they will be added to the Odyssey RAW Bundle.
- OLED Technology Extremely accurate color and contrast with true inky blacks and brilliant whites. This is an image trustworthy of designing lighting and setting exposure.
- Intuitive UI Odyssey’s capacitive touch screen compliments the intuitive user interface. No need to fumble through unlabled function buttons, lengthy menus, or scrolling. All information is literally at your fingertip!
- SDI-HDMI Converter Conveniently built into the unit, easily convert signals and output to HDMI or multiple SDI ports.
- Extensive Monitoring Tools Focus Assist, Zebras, False Color, Waveform, Histogram, Image Flip, LUTs, Output Tools to External Monitor.
- LUT Support ARRI, Canon, Sony, future: support for ASC CDL LUTs
- Multi-Stream Monitoring Monitor up to four HD video signals, viewed all at once in quad-split and live switch between signals, complete with an edit decision list (EDL).
- View Monitor Out – Record Clean Video Display the monitor-out (viewfinder data) on the OLED while recording a clean video signal. Available when using the Sony F3, Sony FS700, Canon C500 and ARRI Alexa cameras.
- 4K to HD Not only does Odyssey 7Q support recording formats from HD to 4K raw, it also has a uniquely engineered feature for FS700 to convert 4K realtime to record and HD image. Get the absolute BEST HD quality you can get!
- Dual SSD Slots Two SSD’s allow for longer record capacity; more than any other recorder.
- Display 7.7" OLED, 1280x800, RGB 8-bit panel, ~ 16 million colors, wide gamut, 3400:1 contrast, 176° viewing, true blacks
- SDI Video I/O HD-SDI/3G support: Single/Dual link, 2-inputs, 2-outputs, 2 Bi-Directional (can be inputs or outputs), Full-size BNCs
- HDMI Video I/O HDMI I/O Version 1.4a support, up to 1080p30 422 8-bit
- LUT Support ARRI Log-C, Canon C-Log, Sony S-Log, S-Log2, S-Log3 LUTs (No Custom LUT Support)
- Focus Assist Video + Edges (Peaking), Edges Only, Enhanced Edges, user choice of color: Red, Green, or Blue
- Zebras Currently one programmable level, future two programmable levels
- False Color False color with 5 programmable levels
- Waveform Monitor Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
- Histogram Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
- Vectorscope** (FUTURE) Color Vectorscope with 2X zoom
- Pixel Zoom 1:1 and 2:1 Image Magnification with frame drag
- OLED Frame Reference Vertical Auto-Flip (defeatable), Aspect Ratio Guides
- Multi-Stream Display Display four independent 1080 HD streams simultaneously (Quad-split) with live-switch capability
- Digital Audio I/O** 8-channel embedded audio (48KHz, 24-bit) (2 channel initially, 8-channel via future firmware update)
- Analog Audio I/O** 3.5mm 2-channel unbalanced or 1-channel balanced input up to -10dB, 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- Remote and Timecode RS-232 I/O (FUTURE), programmable GPIO (FUTURE). Timecode: LTC I/O (BNC) or embedded SDI / HDMI
- User Interface Capacitive Touchscreen, Two mechanical keys
- DC Power Input 6.5 to 34 VDC with built-in reverse polarity protection; locking power connector, built-in power switch
- Power Draw 8 Watts (monitor only), 9-12 Watts (simultaneous monitor/record mode)
- Weight and Size 560 grams / 1.2 lbs., 7.9" x 6.1" x 1.0" (200 x 155 x 25 mm), -10 to +40°C (Operating), -20 to +70°C (Storage)
- Record Triggers Touchscreen, SDI record trigger (ARRI, CANON, PANASONIC, RED, SONY), HDMI (SONY, CANON), Timecode, (FUTURE): Optional remote control cable
- Recording SSD Media Convergent Design SSDs with power-loss protection, in 256GB and 512GB sizes, 420Mb/sec write, 500Mb/sec read speed, compatible with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt Adapters. SSDs and adapters sold separately.
- Recording Formats
Compressed formats: 4K/UHD 10-bit YCC 422 up to 30 fps, 2K/1080p 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps, 1080i 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60i, 720p 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps, (FUTURE): 1080p RGB 12-bit 444 up to 60fps
Uncompressed formats: 1080p RGB 10/12-bit 444 up to 60fps
Our rental kit includes:
- Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q RAW Monitor & Recorder
- Odyssey Raw Bundle
- 2 x 512GB SSD for Odyssey 7Q
- Odyssey 7Q Power Bracket for Anton Bauer Battery
- 2 x Power Bracket Side Handle
- HD-SDI BNC Jack Stand & Mount with 2x Tie-down Screws
- 6 x HD-SDI BNC Mini Jumper Cable
- Convergent Design USB 3.0 to SSD (SATA 2.0) Data Transfer Adapter Cable
- 2 x Odyssey P-tap Power Cable
- Odyssey 7Q Power Adapter w/ AC Cable
- Hand Held Ball Arm
- 2 x Anton Bauer Dionic 90 Battery
- Anton Bauer T2 Dual Charger w/ AC Cable
- 4 x 18" HD-SDI BNC Cable