The Focus 180 makes the Briese principle obvious. Fully focused it creates dramatic lighting with multiple screen differences between the center and the edge of the picture, almost like day and night. Perfect for strong accentuation. With just one setup you can create various lighting moods. Those characteristics and it’s versatility make the Focus 180 a favorite among photographers and cinematographers.
The Focus 180 Reflector was designed with the professional user in mind: perfect illumination, attention to the physical properties of digital capture recording systems and the use of modern materials (e.g. carbon fiber).
The patented Briese Focus system features a light source situated on a movable axis in the center of the reflector. The lamp head, focusing tube (spacer) and light source form a straight line. By focusing the unit, the beam angle and the spread of light can be changed sequentially.
When the lamp head is extended (spot position), there is a narrower beam angle with a highly intense, strongly defined illumination. If the lamp head is retracted (flood position), there is a wider beam angle which creates diffuse, very evenly spread illumination. There is an infinite range of adjustability between these two positions, whereby the luminance remains consistent, achieving a light efficiency far beyond that reached by conventional lighting engineering.
Our rental kit includes:
- Briese Focus 180 Reflector Umbrella
- Briese Focus Stand Mount with Crank
- Briese Focus Set-Up Helper Plunger
- Briese Set Up Ring
- Briese Break Down Ring
- Briese Focus 180 Diffusion #3
- Briese Focus 180 Diffusion St.
- Briese Focus 180 Travel Box
- Briese T4 Daylight HMI Lamp Head 2.5K
- Briese Focus 180 HMI Spacer 2.5K
- Briese Pyrex Shell HMI 2.5K
- 2 x 2500W HMI Special Bulb
- Briese 2.5K Counterlight Reflector
- Briese 300 Hz Electronic Ballast (1000 Hz High Speed Ballast available upon request)
- Briese Compact Roller Case