The Focus 100 creates a nice soft light while still being more vigorous than the “Beauty Reflector” Focus 77. With the Focus 100 you can sift out details, animate surfaces or accentuate wrinkles in weathered faces. Good for atmospheric close ups and also for shots from medium distances.
The Focus 100 reflector stands for true brilliance in the portrait sector. Its large aperture range ensures flexibility during the entire shoot. The Focus 100 is not only admired for close ups but also for its extreme practicality in the field of stills and food.
The patented Briese Focus system features a light source situated on a movable axis in the center of the reflector. The lamp head, focusing tube (spacer) and light source form a straight line. By focusing the unit, the beam angle and the spread of light can be changed sequentially.
When the lamp head is extended (spot position), there is a narrower beam angle with a highly intense, strongly defined illumination. If the lamp head is retracted (flood position), there is a wider beam angle which creates diffuse, very evenly spread illumination. There is an infinite range of adjustability between these two positions, whereby the luminance remains consistent, achieving a light efficiency far beyond that reached by conventional lighting engineering.
Our rental kit includes:
- Briese Focus 100 Reflector Umbrella
- Briese Focus Stand Mount with Comfort Lever
- Briese Focus Set-Up Helper Plunger
- Briese Set Up Ring
- Briese Break Down Ring
- Briese Focus 100 Diffusion #3
- Briese Focus 100 Diffusion St.
- Briese Focus 100 Travel Box
- Briese T4 Daylight HMI Lamp Head 1.2K
- Briese Focus 100 HMI Spacer 1.2K
- Briese Pyrex Shell HMI 1.2K
- 2 x 1200W HMI Special Bulb
- Briese 1.2K Counterlight Reflector
- Briese 300 Hz Electronic Ballast (1000 Hz High Speed Ballast available upon request)
- 60A Bates to Edison Adapter
- Briese Compact Roller Case