The MB-19 is a compact, lightweight production matte box. When mounted on lightweight support LWS-3, graduated filters can be pushed through unhindered. Side flags with adjustable segments, used in conjunction with the top light shield, provide optimum protection against unwanted light. Also available are sets of clip-on mattes for use with both 16 mm and 35 mm formats. Through the use of additional adapters the matte box can be mounted on the 15 mm or 19 mm studio support rods of conventional bridge plates, making it suitable for 35 mm as well as 16 mm cameras.
The MB-19 is supplied with a filter stage for two 4″ x 5.65″ filters. The front filter can be pushed through vertically; the rear filter can be displaced horizontally and additionally rotated. The filter stage is fitted with a rear receptacle for 138 mm diameter filter rings as well as for an additional filter stage for one 4″ x 5.65″ filter and one 138 mm round filter.
To simplify lens changing, the matte box swings out. For quick adaptation to different lens lengths, the matte box can be moved back and forth with a lockable adjustment knob. A holder for secure mounting of French flags is included.
- Filter size 4″ x 5.65″ / round 138 mm
- Compact, lightweight matte box for medium-wide primes, 16 mm and HD zooms
- Compatible with ARRI lightweight support
- With adapter, compatible with studio bridge plates and ARRI QR-HD1 baseplate
- Min. focal length with 16 mm lenses (Super 16) 6 mm
- Mini. focal length with 35 mm lenses (Super 35) 14 mm
- Max. numbers of filters (with Additional filter stage)
- three 4 x 5,65 filters
- one 138 mm round filter
- Dimensions 270 x 220 x 95 mm (10.6 x 8.7 x 3.7 in)
- Weight approx. 800 g (1.8 lbs.)
Our rental kit includes:
- Arri MB-19 4x5.6 Matte Box
- Top Eyebrow
- 2 Filter Stages back
- 138mm Bellow with Retaining Ring
- (2x) Side Brows
- LWS-3 Rod adapter (15mm lightweight to 19mm studio)