The MB-16 from Arri is a 4×4 production matte box, with a four rotatable stages back to accomodate for four 4×4 filters, and one 4 1/2 round filter. It slides onto 19mm rods in the studio configuration. One of the filter frames is toothed for operation by turning knob or flexible shaft. At the rear of the filter stage there is a receptacle for 4 1/2″ filter rings and for an anti-reflection ring. For easy lens changing the matte box swings open 90°.
- Filter size 4″ x 4″ / round 4.5″
- Compact matte box for medium focal-length primes, 16 mm and HD zooms.
- Requires studio bridge plate or ARRI HD baseplate.
- Min. focal length 35 mm lenses: 16 mm
- Min. focal length 16 mm lenses: 8 mm
- Max. number of filters (with 4x filter stage)
- four 4x4 filters
- one 4 1/2 round filter
- Dimensions: 240 x 230 x 103 mm (9.4 x 9.0 x 4.0 in)
- Weight approx.: 950 g (2.1 lbs)
Our rental kit includes:
- Arri MB-16 4x4 Matte Box
- Top Eyebrow
- 4 Filter Stages back
- 4 1/2 Bellow with Retaining Ring
- (2x) Side Brows