Unlike the ALEXA or ALEXA PLUS, this camera has an adjustable mirrored shutter, which eliminates pesky rolling-shutter artifacts, as well as an optical viewfinder that provides a crystal clear, high contrast image with true colors, and a 4:3 sensor. The Studio is a direct response to cinematographers’ requests for a camera that perfectly combines cutting edge digital image-making with traditional elements of the film cameras they have known and trusted for generations.
Cameras always updated to most current SUP.
*Same as ALEXA PLUS except the following:
- 16:9 sensor mode: 2880 x 1620 for ARRIRAW, 2880 x 1620 down sampled to 1920 x 1080 for HD video and ProRes 4:3 sensor mode: 2880 x 2160 for ARRIRAW, 2880 x 2160 down sampled to 1440 x 1080 (pillar box) for monitoring in EVF-1 and HD video (MON OUT only)
- Operating Modes
- Mirror shutter on or off. Switching takes approximately 3 seconds through camera display.
- 16:9 or 4:3 sensor mode. Switching takes approximately 30 seconds. A pillar box format is used for 16:9 EVF-1 as well as HD-SDI MON OUT.
- Regular or High Speed mode. Switching takes approximately 40 seconds. High Speed mode currently limited to 16:9.
- Internal Filter
- Sealed behind-the-lens motorized filter mechanism provides optical flat or ND 1.3 (4.3 stops)
- Frame Rate
- 16:9, mirror shutter off: 0.75 - 120 fps
- 16:9, mirror shutter on: 0.75 - 60 fps
- 4:3, mirror shutter off or on: 0.75 - 48 fps
- Frame rate setting precision: 1/1000 fps
- Rotating mirror shutter (11.2º - 180.0º) or electronic rolling shutter (0.75 - 60 fps: 5.0º - 358.0º; 60 - 120 fps: 356º). Shutter angle setting precision: 1/10 degree. At some frame rates mirror shutter needs to be less than 180º.
- ALEXA Studio camera body + SxS Module + OVF-1 + Center Camera Handle CCH-1: 10.2 Kg/22.5 lbs
- With OVF-1 and SxS Module: Length: 402 mm/15.83 in, Width: 268 mm/10.55 in, Height: 241 mm/9.49 in
- Optical viewfinder OVF-1 shows a bright, high contrast image for through-the-lens viewing with low distortion, accurate color fidelity and no delay. Can be used camera left or right and the viewfinder arm telescopes closer/farther from the camera body. Automatically keeps an upright image in all positions with an optional override for manual image rotation. Includes a flip in ND 0.6 contrast filter and 2x de-squeeze module for 2x anamorphic lenses (a 1.3x de-squeeze module is also available for retrofit). Includes Basic Insert Module BIM-1 for RGB frameglow. Accepts 8x and 10x 435 eyepieces, 435 eyepiece extensions and heated eyecups. With the optional ARRICAM Eyepiece Adapter AEA-1, the OVF-1 can accept the 8x ARRICAM Studio eyepiece, ARRICAM Studio Viewfinder Extension Medium and ARRICAM Studio Viewfinder Zoom Extension. Not compatible with Lite Universal Eyepiece. Can be replaced with the ALEXA Electronic Viewfinder EVF-1 by using the Electronic Viewfinder Adapter EVA-1.
- Assistive Displays
- For EVF-1 and MON OUT: frame lines, surround view, camera status, false color exposure check, peaking focus check, electronic level, compare stored image with live image, RETURN IN video and anamorphic de-squeeze. MON OUT only: Reel & clip number.
- For OVF-1: Warning LEDs for REC (recording), BAT (battery low), FULL (SxS PRO card full). ALEXA Studio uses the same physical ground glass holder and frameglow frames as ARRICAMs, so ARRICAM ground glasses and frameglow masks could be used. However, the actual frameline dimensions are different, so for a precise alignment of framelines and captured pixels only ALEXA Studio ground glasses and frameglow masks are recommended.
- Recording Outputs
- 2x 1.5 G or 3G REC OUT BNC connectors for ARRIRAW (4:3 or 16:9) or HD-SDI video (16:9 only). Both with embedded audio, timecode, metadata and optional recording flag. ARRIRAW 16:9: 2880 x 1620, 4:3: 2880 x 2160. Both uncompressed 12 bit log without white balance or exposure index processing applied. Requires an ARRIRAW T-Link certified recorder. HD-SDI video 16:9: uncompressed 1920 x 1080 4:4:4 RGB or 4:2:2 YCbCr; both legal or extended range. Recording frame rates other than HD standard (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps) requires a recorder with Variflag support.
- Monitor Output
- 2x MON OUT BNC connector for uncompressed 1.5G HD-SDI video (4:3 or 16:9): 1920 x 1080, 4:2:2 YCbCr; legal range.
- 2x slots for SxS PRO cards (SxS)
2x BNC recording out HD-SDI, 1.5G/3G (REC OUT 1/REC OUT 2)
2x BNC monitoring out HD-SDI, 1.5G (MON OUT)
1x XLR 5 pin audio in (AUDIO IN)
1x BNC return signal HD-SDI, 1.5G (RET/SYNC IN)
1x LEMO 16 pin external accessories (EXT)
1x Fischer 2 pin 24 V power in (BAT)
3x Fischer 3 pin 24 V remote start and accessory power out (RS)
1x LEMO 2 pin 12 V accessory power out (12 V)
1x LEMO 5 pin timecode in/out (TC)
1x TRS 3.5 mm headphone mini stereo jack out (AUDIO OUT)
1x LEMO custom 16 pin electronic viewfinder (EVF)
1x LEMO 10 pin Ethernet with 24 V power (ETHERNET)
2x Fischer 5 pin Lens Control System (LCS)
1x Fischer 5 pin Lens Data Display (LDD)
1x Fischer 12 pin for CLM-2, CLM-3 or later (IRIS)
1x Fischer 12 pin for CLM-2, CLM-3 or later (ZOOM)
1x Fischer 12 pin for CLM-2, CLM-3 or later (FOCUS)
- 2x slots for SxS PRO cards (SxS)
Our rental package includes:
- ARRI ALEXA STUDIO camera body w/ 4:3 sensor, High Speed license & Anamorphic DeSqueeze license included
- ARRI ALEXA STUDIO Optical Viewfinder
- Ground Glass / Shutter tool
- Ground Glass (for 16:9 or 4:3 sensor)
- ARRI FE-3 Extension Viewfinder
- Shoulder Pad SP-4
- 12 volt Accessory Cable KC 154-SP-S
- Ethernet Cable KC 153-S
- Arriflex 19mm Bridge Plate BP-8
- Leveling Block LB-1
- 12” Dovetail Plate
- Set of 19mm Rods
- 5 Pin XLR Male to Double 3 Pin Female XLR Audio Cable
- (2x) 24 Volt Power Cable
- 3 Pin XLR Extension Power Cable
- (4x) 64GB SxS PRO cards
- SD Card
- (4x) Anton Bauer Dionic HCX 120Wh 14.4V Battery
- Anton Bauer TM4 Quad Charger