The ALEXA has taken the world of digital acquisition by storm and stands proud as a new industry staple. This versatile workhorse combines beautiful film-like images with an easy, user-friendly workflow suitable for any type of production.
Cameras always updated to most current SUP.
- 35 format ALEV III CMOS with Dual Gain Architecture (DGA) and Bayer pattern color filter array.
- 2880 x 1620 for ARRIRAW, 2880 x 1620 down sampled to 1920 x 1080 for HD video, ProRes and DNxHD, 2048 x 1152 for ProRes 2K
- Frame Rates & In-Camera Recording
- ProRes 422 (Proxy), 422 (LT), 422 and 422 (HQ): 0.75 - 60 fps (Up to 120 fps with High Speed liscense)
- ProRes 4444 with 32 GB SxS PRO cards: 0.75 - 40 fps
- ProRes 4444 with 64 GB SxS PRO cards: 0.75 - 60 fps
- ProRes 2K (2048 x 1152) (All Codecs): 0.75 – 60fps
- DNxHD 145 and 220x: 0.75 - 60 fps (Up to 120 fps with High Speed liscense)
- HD-SDI: 0.75 - 60 fps
- Electronic rolling shutter, 0.75 - 60 fps: 5.0º - 358.0º, 60 - 120 fps: 356º. Shutter angle setting precision: 1/10 degree.
- Exposure Latitude
- 14 stops for all sensitivity settings from EI 160 to EI 3200
- White Balance
- Separate white balance (red/blue) and color correction (green/magenta) adjustment through Auto or manual setting. Red/blue: 2000 to 11000 Kelvin, adjustable in 100 K steps, with presets of 3200 (tungsten), 4300 (fluorescent), 5600 (daylight) and 7000 (daylight cool). Green/magenta: -8 to +8 color correction (CC), 1 CC = 035 Kodak CC values or 1/8 Rosco values.
- Power In
- Three inputs: BAT connector, battery adapter back and battery adapter top. All accept 10.5 to 34 V DC. 85 W power draw for camera and EVF-1 in typical use recording 24 fps to SxS PRO cards, without accessories.
- Power Out
- 12V connector: limited to 12 V, up to 2.2A. RS, EXT and ETHERNET: input below 24V is regulated up to 24V, above 24V: input = output voltage. Both RS and EXT connectors combined: up to 2.2A. ETHERNET: up to 1.2A. Maximum power draw is also limited by the power source.
- ALEXA camera body + SxS Module + EVF-1 + Viewfinder Mounting Bracket VMB-2 + viewfinder cable + Center Camera Handle CCH-1: 7.7 Kg/16.9 lb
- Length: 332 mm/12.95 in, Width: 153 mm/6.02 in, Height: 158 mm/6.22 in
- -20° C to +45° C (-4° F to +113° F) @ 95% humidity max, non-condensing. Splash and dust proof through sealed electronics. System cooling through radiator/single fan.
- Lens Mount
- PL Mount, Super 35mm centered
- Assistive Displays
- For EVF-1 and MON OUT: frame lines, surround view, camera status, false color exposure check, peaking focus check, compare stored image with live image, RETURN IN video and anamorphic de-squeeze. Anamorphic de-squeeze requires license purchase. MON OUT only: Reel & clip number.
- Camera right: main user interface with 3 inch transflective 400 x 240 pixel LCD color screen, illuminated buttons, button lock and jog wheel. Camera left: operator interface with illuminated buttons, button lock and card swap button.
- Recording Outputs
- 2x 1.5G or 3G REC OUT BNC connectors for ARRIRAW or HD-SDI video. Both with embedded audio, timecode, metadata and optional recording flag.
- ARRIRAW: 2880 x 1620, uncompressed 12 bit log without white balance or exposure index processing applied. Requires an ARRIRAW T-Link certified recorder.
- HD-SDI video: uncompressed 1920 x 1080 4:4:4 RGB or 4:2:2 YCbCr; both legal or extended range. Recording frame rates other than HD standard (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps) requires a recorder with Variflag support.
- Monitor Output
- 1x MON OUT BNC connector for uncompressed 1.5 G HD-SDI video: 1920 x 1080, 4:2:2 YCbCr; legal range.
- 2x slots for SxS PRO cards (SxS)
2x BNC recording out HD-SDI, 1.5G/3G switchable (REC OUT 1 and REC OUT 2)
1x BNC monitoring out HD-SDI 1.5G (MON OUT)
1x XLR 5 pin audio in (AUDIO IN)
1x BNC return signal HD-SDI, 1.5G (RET/SYNC IN)
1x BNC return signal/sync in HD-SDI 1.5G (RET/SYNC IN)
1x LEMO 16 pin external accessory interface (EXT)
1x Fischer 2 pin 24 V power in (BAT)
2x Fischer 3 pin 24 V remote start and accessory power out (RS)
1x LEMO 2 pin 12 V accessory power out (12 V)
1x LEMO 5 pin timecode in/out (TC)
1x TRS 3.5 mm headphone mini stereo jack out (AUDIO OUT)
1x LEMO custom 16 pin electronic viewfinder (EVF)
1x LEMO 10 pin Ethernet with 24 V power (ETHERNET)
- 2x slots for SxS PRO cards (SxS)
- SD Card
- For importing ARRI Look Files, camera set up files, frame line files and feature licenses. Stores captured stills from the REC OUT image path in ARRIRAW (.ari, 12 bit), TIFF (.tif, 16 bit), DPX (.dpx, 10 bit) and JPEG (.jpg, 8 bit) format as well as logging files.
Our rental package includes:
- Camera Body (High Speed license (up to 120 fps) upon request)
- Electronic Viewfinder EVF-1 w/ mounting bracket
- EVF Extension Bracket VEB-1
- Shoulder Pad SP-3
- Short EVF Cable KC-150 S
- Medium EVF Cable KC-151 S
- 12 volt Accessory Cable KC 154-SP-S
- Ethernet Cable KC 153-S
- Arriflex 19mm Bridge Plate BP-12
- Leveling Block LB-1
- 12” Dovetail Plate
- Set of 19mm Rods
- 5 Pin XLR Male to Double 3 Pin Female XLR Audio Cable
- 24 Volt Power Cable - (x 2)
- 3 Pin XLR Extension Power Cable
- 32GB SxS PRO Card - (x 4)
- SD Card
- Anton Bauer Dionic HCX 120Wh 14.4V Battery - (x 4)
- Anton Bauer TM4 Quad Charger