The Alan Gordon’s Mark V Director’s Viewfinder is a “lens-less” viewfinder. By adjusting the settings on the direct-reading windows (lens, format and aspect-ratio), cinematographers can obtain an accurate framing of a shot, saving them precious time on their next set up. The Alan Gordon Viewfinder provides an impressive range of film and video formats to choose from, .
- 12:1 Zoom Ratio Ring
- Smooth zooming from wide angle to telephoto.
- Focal lengths are viewed in windows located on the barrel of the viewfinder.
The zoom range, or prime lens focal length for the various formats is as follows:
- 16mm Film: 8.5-100mm
- Super 16 Film: 10.5-125mm
- 35mm Film: 18-200mm
- 35mm Anamorphic Film: 40-420mm
- 2/3″ Video: 8.5-75mm
- 1/2″ Video: 6.5-64mm
The aspect ratio choice is as follow:
- 1.33 TV
- 2.40 Anamorphic
- "Lens less" director viewfinder
- Six glass elements produce the sharpest image possible.
- Film sizes and video formats are color-coded for quick reading.
- Adjustable Focusing Ring & Rubber Eyecup
- The eyepiece focusing ring can be adjusted to sharpen the image at any given setting, much like the viewfinder adjustment on the camera.
- Weight: 14.5 oz (0.4 kg)
- Length: 4 5/16" (125mm)
- Front Lens Diameter: 2 1/4" (58mm)
- Black, anodized exterior finish with chrome trim and strap